BM Hair Studio
Today was my first time at BM Hair. I was a walk-in and was immediately accommodated by Minnie. I was extremely happy and will be back next week!
Minnie is by far the best choice for a hair stylist and colorist in NY (I have seen she is also a great makeup artist btw).
Let me tell you briefly why:
1. Reservations can be made via text, and she is super accommodating regarding times/days.
2. She doesn't push you to do extra things or different treatments from what you want. She goes straight to the point of what you need. She understands, gets down to work and gives the results you want. Actually not. She exceeds my expectations every time I go.
3. Keeping a beautiful blonde mane of hair is not easy. Colour fades, gets brassy, highlights fluorescent yellow etc. I have never been happier with the blonde she created for my complexion and hair. It looks natural, healthy, a champagne blonde color everyone wants to know where I got!
4. in addition to top-notch quality and kindness, she is also affordable! Prices are very good, especially in a très chic location on the Upper East Side.
5. As if all this were not enough, at the end of the session she also took the time to take some pictures of my hair and sent them to me. And let me tell you she has a great talent as a photographer as well!
I found her with a Groupon time ago and I have no intention of letting her go!
From my first conversation with Minnie on the phone, she was super sweet and very professional. I found a Groupon deal and spoke to her about what I would like to be done (it was for highlights, haircut plus blowout). I'm very picky about selecting someone to do my hair and she was very patient and understanding. In addition, she let me know that there would be an additional fee because my hair is black (wanted highlights) which I expected. Appointments were easy to schedule too.
Once at my appointment, I showed her a picture of what I would like and she didn't disappoint. She provided recommendations which I liked. I absolutely love the color and the hairstyle!! She did an amazing job and I will definitely come back!! I would highly recommend her!!
First time going to see Minnie and let me tell you what a great experience, I had an appointment at 12 pm and was seen right away, she asked me what I wanted I showed her a pic and she executed very well and exactly what I wanted! It was fast and I came out 100% happy, she is very sweet and makes you feel comfortable, I'll definitely go back in 3 months!
Minnie was amazing! I came in with an idea of what I wanted (typical one-color process, haircut and blow out). The color looks great (dark brown) and I couldn't be happier with the cut (long layers and long bangs) and luscious blowout. She made the entire process smooth and relaxing and I will definitely keep coming back to her moving forward. It's hard to find a regular hairdresser that you can trust and since I have only been in the city for a year I can finally say I found my regular!
I hope Minnie will forgive how late this review is!
I went to her now over a month ago intending just to get highlights/haircut. Because my hair had been dyed red a year ago, the highlights were coming out funky, so she recommended a gloss and had to lighten up the whole thing a lot more. Having seen the photos of other blonde success stories she had done, I was less afraid than I would have been otherwise...and it turned out that I shouldn't have been nervous at all! It came out a perfect cool blonde. This is a color I never thought I would be able to pull off, but now I can't imagine going back to my natural dark reddish brown.
Minnie made time for my appointment at the VERY LAST MINUTE, stayed until almost 11 pm to finish my job, and did absolutely everything to make sure I would be happy with the result. She's talented, funny, and a genuinely good person as well as a great stylist. I can't recommend her highly enough.
Despite having to spend $$ keeping up this color, I'm actually looking forward to going back to the salon and having her work her magic on my hair when I need a touch-up...that says it all!